Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Ultimate Dream

When people ask me what my dream is or where I see myself 5, 10, or 20 years from now, I would normally answer something related to being young, rich, and successful. That is true. I do want to remain young or at least look young for a very long time, have loads of money, and be a very relevant force in my field. I also have goals of having my own foundation geared towards the alleviation of poverty or some other worthy cause befitting a beauty pageant winner. I dream of love like anyone else. I want someone to be a witness to my existence. Those are goals worth pursuing.

But really, my ultimate dream is to take some time off from my life and just wander the world. I want to travel. I want to leave everything I have behind for a year and just have the most life-changing and character-building experiences I could ever have. Life is too short and to see the world from a whole new perspective would be something worth aspiring for. I want to be a backpacker with no plan whatsoever of where to go next. I will sustain myself by getting a job I could never really do as myself in my own world. I could be a janitor in some obscure village in Chile. I could be a bartender in a little known town in Spain. I could be a simple farmer's helper in Mongolia. Anything goes.

But then reality check. I hold an effing Philippine passport. I can not have my life-changing and character-building experience if I have to worry about getting denied entry because my country is not wealthy nor powerful enough! Crap. No wonder it is those caucasians from Europe and North America who can get lost in Asia or South America and have those experiences.

Ugh. I want to be European in my next life. Wait. Make that Western European.

No comments:

Post a Comment